Ford Charging System Wiring Diagram

HELLO. Tom here.
I have a 1999 mazda b2500 or a ranger- same thing..4 cyl, 2.5 liter.

I had a radiator leak and the spray caused, i believe, a charging system failure as the battery icon lit and battery charge guage dropped from traditional, mid gauge spot.
I have ruled out alternator as cause(although i just smoked alternator trying to bypass a fuse..lol) It literally started smoking because i got my 12 volts for the yel/ wht alt feed voltage from BATTERY POSITIVE, UNFUSED..

Backing up, I looked deeper as alternator was originally fine, found 12V lacking at 3 pin ALT harness S1.
Pin 3 with green/red wire was OK with ignition in on position as required.

without this 12volt feed on yellow/white wire, alternator wont output to B+ wire.
Its the big wire thats blk with an org or red stripe. That goes around to the battery but before the battery, it goes thru a monster, 175 amp fuse under plastic cover on engine side of power distribution fuse boxjust fwd of firewall on driver side.

My fuse is cooked but I bypassed the whole path with a fat copper sound wire with its own, inline 80 amp fuse. ( i know, its not the 175 amp beast but its holding and not blown yet).
I did this to do a REAL bypass and in doing, I acquired the expected 12volt backfeed from the battery, back to B+ on the alternator so I know its good and has continuity from B+ to the battery red positive.

Soooo, I began a physical trace and fuse tests on the 30amp in slot14 as per fuse diagram.
Ohms test THRU yel/wht at alternator(unplugged) thru a harness plug by engine, onward to power distribution box, fuse#14, fuse good and next stop for wire path is unknown but NO 12volts right up to the firewall where other side of power distribution box.
a fuse is labeled "alternator" at #15 on fuse panel in cab, left side of dash under cover shaped like the state of nevada, sort of...lol.... I painstakingly traced, untaped and moved fuse box to trace wire, occasionally testing continuity for certainty of path.. anybody? and i mean ANYBODY ever traced the circuit further?
tell me where i can be losing that 12volts? I have to replace alternator for real now but it will still need that 12volts fed to it on the harness, yellow/ white wire....I wont replace it with a jumper off the battery again.. idle is fine but at RPM it over amps the feed to alternator and literally FRIES it. smoke and everything so now it loads down engine if connected and makes a noticeable winding/whirring noise. My bad..lol..

So help me find my 12volts or a spare, unused fused circuit from accessories? The 7.5 amp fuse was fine but i dont know where that yel/wht goes once it goes thru firewall. THAT is where i lose my 12 volts as it is NEVER found at all once it comes from ignition thru wall to power distribution fuse box.

The jumper DID prove that lost 12volts is my problem. Until it smoked the alternator 5 miles down the road, I had NO battery icon and a normal needle gauge voltage on dash- A.K. A= a charging alternator!!!
I was so pleased with myself... for about 15 minutes. Then i actually left my block and DROVE, causing the unregulated 12volts to overamp , cooking the otherwise GOOD alternator.. HELP..

Posted by: colinopatrnyer.blogspot.com

Source: https://www.ranger-forums.com/general-technical-electrical-18/wiring-diagram-charging-system-152543/

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Big Is A 4 Seater Table Dimension / The Farmhouse Table plus benches | 12 seater dining table ... / I have found some of the best.

Replace Bathtub With Shower Designs / Why To Include A Curbless Shower In Your Bathroom Remodel Why Tile : How to replace a fiberglass shower with tile as a weekend project.

Tall Crystal Candle Holders For Weddings - 5 Arms Silver Tall Floor Crystal Candle Holders Globe For ... : Weddings or home decor table.